Prufriding is a term that has several meanings. But it boils down to editing and proofreading texts.
Proofreading, editing and proofreading: what they have in common
The word Proofreading means "correction before printing" or "proofreading", i.e. the prints before they are sent to the printing press, the final proofreading of the text.
Also this term "prufreading" refers to:
- work with the form, style and logic of the text;
- Proofreading by a native speaker and adaptation to the reader of a particular region.
The words "editing" and "proofreading" are used in parallel. The former implies:
- checking the facts (fact-checking) and the logic of the presentation;
- increasing informativeness and selecting clear formulations;
- eliminating stylistic errors.
Proofreading is the process that precedes proofreading. The latter includes:
- correction of designations, incorrect abbreviations;
- checking the text for compliance with the requirements to the structure and language of the presentation.
Thus, the three terms unite the correction of the text at different levels: technical, semantic, stylistic and artistic.
Who needs prufriding and why
English has become the lingua franca, the common language of communication between speakers of other languages. An article, a legal document, a technical, literary or commercial text in English is needed for businessmen who want to promote their products or services on the international market.
A scientific text is necessary for scientists who want to be in demand in their specialty, to share achievements and discoveries with colleagues from the scientific community.
English is easy to understand, but it has nuances that affect the accuracy of understanding and depends on the region and field. Commercial, medical, scientific and literary English have their own peculiarities of use, which must be taken into account when creating texts.
Therefore, you need a prufrider - a native speaker, who will prepare the material in English for printing:
- will check for compliance with the norms and rules of the language;
- assess the correctness of the translation of terms;
- identify lexical, orthographic and stylistic inaccuracies;
- correct hyphenation, headings and lists according to written norms.
A professional translator has studied the norms of literary language. In contrast, a native speaker:
- Knows the rules and culture of colloquial speech and regional peculiarities of the language;
- is able to understand technical terms and jargon, and create a text on their basis that is understandable to an English-speaking audience;
- is able to insert metaphors, idioms and expressions into the material and make it sound as natural as possible to native speakers.
What can online proofreading texts offer?
We offer writing texts in various languages, as well as services for prufriding, editing and proofreading texts.
Specialists - native speakers will check written materials and articles for their logical sequence and semantic load, they will check mistakes, typos and edit the text so that it has a uniform style.
If you need to bring a scientific article in a foreign language to perfection, to make it understandable even for non-specialists, it is advisable to order proofreading by a native speaker. The service implies a review of the finished work by a professional in order to identify and eliminate any remarks, controversial points and deficiencies.
When do I need proofreading by a native speaker?
I need someone to proofread my paper speaker is appropriate in several cases:
- if the editorial board has rejected the article due to the insufficient level of translation of the scientific work;
- if you want to publish your paper in one of the most reputable international journals with a quartile Q1-Q2, impact factor over 3.0;
- when writing an especially important article on an important topic for the world science;
- when prüfrieding is one of the obligatory requirements for publication.
After proofreading a scientific article becomes perfect in form and content, the work clearly shows the logic of the narrative, there are no errors and typos.